The adventure of Havic The adventure of Havic

Hmm

I wouldn't go expecting people to "love it." It's basically just another clone--with a slight difference (to go to different targets in one "level" as opposed to a different level per target). It also has no sound or music. And the background, I'd have to say, is really ugly. Other than that, it's ok.

Galactic Space Invaders Galactic Space Invaders

Attack of the Clones

I don't really see why people feel the need to clone old games. Especially games which have already been cloned--in flash--about a couple hundred or so times. In my mind, if you're going to clone something, the least you could do is add some new features/abilities/what-have-you to make it the tiniest sliver more interesting than the other hundred clones out there. You didn't do that. But the graphics weren't as terrible as some, so, 3.

Clock-Man (GAME!) Clock-Man (GAME!)

Hmm...

All the excitement of playing a poorly-cloned version of PacMan, with none of the sound effects, music, or good coding.

Lets play blocks w/Locks! Lets play blocks w/Locks!

Um..

Well, the actionscripting isn't too shabby (assuming some/most of it isn't stolen from a flashkit movie, as a lot is on this site). The problem is, you need to come up with a better application for it, or your scripting abilities in general. Trying to emulate a somewhat popular game is not what you want to do. Obviously, it will be compared to another version of the game (which, odds are, will be about 10X better or more fun).

The best possible thing you could do is come up with something entirely original. Ok, maybe not entirely... but, a NEW idea. It really isn't as hard a concept as it seems. Use your own judgement on what you would consider fun. Somehow I'm doubting this game would be the first thing to pop into anybody's head as a game they wished existed.

Sno' Problem Sno' Problem

Have to agree with the last reviewer

Looks to me like the only reason this game has anything above a 3.5 is because of "fans" devoted to the author of their favorite series, no matter how good or bad this actual submission was. Personally, I always thought retarded animal babies was very heavily overrated.

And this game, I would say, isn't even on par with that series.. by any stretch of the imagination. While the graphics were very well done, just about every other factor was... well, sub-par. I'd say one of the biggest problems would have to be the frame rate, though. Everything looked horribly choppy, as far as animation (at least, for something that's supposed to be professional). There also seemed to be some coding flaws. Moving the snowman around while firing seemed to drastically (and unrealistically) affect the physics of the snowballs. Also, the firing system was somewhat annoying in general.

The fact is, this is not top-notch work (or even a very original concept), and more-than-likely doesn't even deserve the score it has. It's a shame so many people decide to base their scoring on the fact that one of their favorite authors made it rather than the merit of the actual work (which is seen all over this site, especially with different series... foamy, RAB, clockcrew movies, etc).